Tuesday, September 6, 2011

my first love

is VOLLEYBALL.
 It all started in 4th grade. Ever since then I took the sport and ran with it. I dont know how I got so good , but I mastered it. I do give much credit to the wonderful coaches who helped navigate me as well as my volleyball star team mate Ms. Phoebe Bautista.
Although I stopped playing volleyball for modeling a couple of years ago, I am still pretty good at it. Volleyball was my promising scholarship ticket out of the hood , but i decided to take another route. I was featured in numerous newspaper articles, as well as on tv for the sports clip of the week.
 The most memorable volleyball experience was playing for the elite Golden Bears Volleyball Club located in Berkeley, CA. We traveled from state to state defeating our opponents and even made it to the Junior Olympics, we played the best teams from Hawaii and Puerto Rico. I still love volleyball and play too often, i still wish i could play for a university's team but as we get older our priorities and responsibilities shift.
I end this blog with some volleyball memories.

Golden Bears  2003
National Championships in Houston Texas 2004


Tournament in Washington 2006

 
At The Airport



College Volleyball 2008


pinnacle volleyball club 2007

Oakland Tribune EHS volleyball

Beach Volleyball 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment